Deputy PIC- Borris Lodge
Applications are invited for the position of Deputy Person in Charge at Borris Lodge Nursing Home, Co Carlow. An established home, catering for the care and accommodation of 52 residents. This is a fantastic opportunity for the successful candidate to further their career with one of Ireland’s leading private nursing home operators.
Roles & Responsibilities;
- Ensure the delivery of the highest standard of care to Residents.
- Lead, organise and direct the day-to-day management and operations of the Home in line with the Health Act 2007 and National Standards for Residential Care Settings for Older People in Ireland.
- Always represent the nursing home as a senior manager and act in the best interest of the nursing home and its residents.
- Be self-motivated with a desire to work as part of a team focussed on developing improved models of care within the Home.
- Be proactive in seeking opportunities for improvements and embrace change.
Required Education, Skills and Qualifications
- Minimum 3 years’ post qualification experience
- Post registration management qualification in health or a related field
- Excellent knowledge of HIQA standards
- Be registered with NMBI or be entitled to be so registered
- Evidence of continuous professional development.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and proven written and verbal communication abilities.
- Possesses the clinical, administrative and leadership capacity to properly discharge the functions of the role
- Ability to work on own initiative
Why Choose Us:
- A unique, friendly, and caring work environment
- Flexible working
- Meals provided on shifts over 8 hours
- Free on-site parking
- Further your career with one of Ireland leading private nursing home operators
Evergreen Care is a healthcare organisation providing long- and short-term residential care and services. Although our primary focus is older person care, we also cater to other people who are in need of residential care. In December 2020, Evergreen Care welcomed a new management structure and currently operates nine Nursing Homes nationwide. We offer a fresh perspective in nursing home care in the heart of Ireland communities. Each of our homes focus on creating a kind, caring and happy community for every resident in our care
To deliver our level of excellence in care, we need amazing people. From managers, nurses, and carers to administration, housekeeping and catering, each person plays a vital role in our Evergreen Care community. It’s not just their specialist skills, experience and extraordinary commitment that makes our people special but also their kind and compassionate nature. More than a job, a career with Evergreen Care means you become part of a special community where you can make a real difference to the lives of our residents every day.
Position is subject to Garda vetting and reference checks. Evergreen Care is an equal opportunities employer.