Chef - Greystones
Roles & Responsibilities;
- To plan, prepare and cook meals as directed by the Nurse Manager in accordance with the needs and requirements of the residents.
- To promote an environment that focuses on and manages the nutritional needs of the residents as well as providing food that delights residents and meets their expectations.
- To ensure the catering department meets all the various regulatory obligations and our own standards and policies.
- To maintain the catering department and all its associated areas, in a clean and hygienic manner and to ensure a tidy, warm, inviting and correctly set dining room.
- To manage the kitchen staff in a reasonable and respectful manner to ensure that all the necessary tasks of the department are met in a timely and efficient way.
- To ensure excellence in the presentation of food.
- To ensure a well-stocked kitchen while being economic with resources.
- To ensure that a ‘home-like’ environment and atmosphere is maintained where the resident is seen as the central figure in all decision making, ensuring that their right to individuality, privacy, dignity, independence and choice is maintained at all times.
- To participate in announced/unannounced visits from the management team and HIQA Inspectors, HSA, environment health, fire authority.
Why Choose Us:
- A unique, friendly, and caring work environment
- Flexible working
- Meals provided on shifts over 8 hours
- Free on-site parking
- Further your career with one of Ireland leading private nursing home operators
Evergreen Care is a healthcare organisation providing long- and short-term residential care and services. Although our primary focus is older person care, we also cater to other people who are in need of residential care. In December 2020, Evergreen Care welcomed a new management structure and currently operates nine Nursing Homes nationwide. We offer a fresh perspective in nursing home care in the heart of Ireland communities. Each of our homes focus on creating a kind, caring and happy community for every resident in our care
To deliver our level of excellence in care, we need amazing people. From managers, nurses, and carers to administration, housekeeping and catering, each person plays a vital role in our Evergreen Care community. It’s not just their specialist skills, experience and extraordinary commitment that makes our people special but also their kind and compassionate nature. More than a job, a career with Evergreen Care means you become part of a special community where you can make a real difference to the lives of our residents every day.
Position is subject to Garda vetting and reference checks. Evergreen Care is an equal opportunities employer.