Activities Coordinator - Gorey
Applications are invited for the position of Activities Coordinator at Middletown House Nursing Home, Co.Wexford. An established home catering for the care and accommodation of 50 residents. This is a fantastic opportunity for the successful candidate to further their career with one of Ireland’s leading private nursing home operators.
Roles & Responsibilities;
- To promote through high standards of work, an environment that focuses on and manages the individual spiritual, recreational and leisure needs of the residents.
- To plan and arrange a varied activity programme in agreement with the Nurse Manager in accordance with best practice, including but not limited to; arts and crafts, baking, flower arranging, card games, bingo, exercise sessions, hand massage, nail care, sensory room, attendance at religious services.
- To initiate and assist in the planning and execution of all events, such as birthday parties or other celebrations and seasonal events, and to be present during those events.
- Organise and maintain on a daily basis all standard activities, actively helping to promote and create a resident focused environment, planning and implementing special activities as requested by or as deemed to be of interest to the Residents.
- Be highly motivated and have excellent communication skills to deliver your activity programmes to a range of people.
- Be able to work well in a team and liaise with other staff, volunteers, and residents.
Applicants must be;
- Energetic and enthusiastic.
- Highly committed and dedicated to enriching the lives of residents.
- Excellent organisational, communication and time management skills.
- Experience working in Health/Social Care environment desirable.
- Committed to undertaking further training.
Why Choose Us:
- A unique, friendly, and caring work environment
- Flexible working
- Meals provided on shifts over 8 hours
- Free on-site parking
- Further your career with one of Ireland leading private nursing home operators
Evergreen Care is a healthcare organisation providing long- and short-term residential care and services. Although our primary focus is older person care, we also cater to other people who are in need of residential care. In December 2020, Evergreen Care welcomed a new management structure and currently operates nine Nursing Homes nationwide. We offer a fresh perspective in nursing home care in the heart of Ireland communities. Each of our homes focus on creating a kind, caring and happy community for every resident in our care
To deliver our level of excellence in care, we need amazing people. From managers, nurses, and carers to administration, housekeeping and catering, each person plays a vital role in our Evergreen Care community. It’s not just their specialist skills, experience and extraordinary commitment that makes our people special but also their kind and compassionate nature. More than a job, a career with Evergreen Care means you become part of a special community where you can make a real difference to the lives of our residents every day.
Position is subject to Garda vetting and reference checks. Evergreen Care is an equal opportunities employer.